Monday, March 14, 2016

What’s Your Point of View?


“Man, the guy who works in the cubicle next to me is such a complainer! I can’t stand him!”
“This woman in front of me in the grocery store is talking badly about someone, what a jerk.”
“If one more person tries to tell me how hard their life is, I’m going to explode!”

Have you ever heard any of these comments before or thought any of these things to yourself? I have! All the time! It is amazing that God made all of us special and unique, but unfortunately that means we are going to butt heads with some people. And it is amazing how some know exactly what to do to push our buttons. If we are not careful, we can start to harbor hate in our hearts for certain people which can grow into an epidemic of being easily annoyed or hateful towards others.

2 Corinthians 5:16 says “So from now on, we regard no one from a worldly point of view.” What does this mean: “A Worldly point of view?” It means that we are regarding people with one question in mind: What is this person doing for me? That’s what the world is all about right? I want this right now and I’m going to get it no matter who doesn’t want me to have it. Not to say there aren’t nice people in this world but the majority of the world could be described as selfish.

God has asked us to view people from His eyes and He has a never ending fountain of love for every person He created, Christian and Non-Christian. Once we start trying to view people as God views them, we will find that we can cope with our situations much more easily and we can find love for the people we never thought we could feel any affection for. This week, when you encounter that person who makes your skin crawl, start asking God to show you that person through His eyes. You will be amazed at what He shows you.

- Kendra Mikols

No comments:

Post a Comment